[gallery type="circle" ids="4333,4332,4331"] [gallery type="circle" ids="4338,4327,4329"]
Laughter really is the best medicine! Laughing has been proven to physically change the body in positive ways. It can strengthen your immune system, decrease pain, reduce stress, and best of all enhances your connection to others. On a physiological level is reduces pain by increasing our endorphins, enhances our immune system by increasing T cell production, and decreases our stress levels by decreasing our cortisol levels.
- A research study conducted by Orbit Complete discovered that 69% of people find women more attractive when they smile than when they are wearing makeup.
- A daily laughter workout of 15 minutes can burn 40 calories and melt away 4 pounds over the course of a year.
- People can recognize smiles from up to 300 feet away, making it the most easily recognizable facial expression.
- Children laugh about 400 times a day. Adults laugh an average of 15 times a day.
- Just smiling can require your body to use up to 53 muscles, but some smiles only use 5 muscle movements.
- While hand shakes, hugs, and bows all have varying meanings across cultures, smiling is known around the world and in all cultures as a sign of happiness and acceptance.