The secret to smoother skin, increased tone, and detoxification is easier than you think! Skin brushing has been around for centuries and is a simple technique to improve circulation and move the lymphatic system within our bodies.
Skin brushing can:
- Exfoliate skin: by removing dead skin cells and open pores
- Enhance lymphatic drainage: the specific technique supports the movement and detoxification.
- Enhances the venous system: by promoting circulation
- Increases nutrients to the skin: by bringing more oxygen to the skin
- Improves the tone of the skin: by stimulating the skin's surface oil and sweat glands.
Skin brushing involves a specific technique which follows your lymphatic system
1. Start by brushing on your legs. Brush from your toes towards the center of your body, as this is the direction of venous and lymph flow toward your heart. When finished, your skin will tingle, but do not brush so hard that your skin is bright red.
2. Next, brush lightly up your stomach and lower back making sure to include your buttocks.
3. Move to your arms and brush from your fingers to your shoulders in short strokes toward the center of your body.
4. Finally, lightly brush your shoulders and upper back toward the center of you body.
Woolah! Don't you feel better already?