Most of the time when we think of traditional dishes during the holiday season, "healthy" is usually not the first word that comes to mind. Cranberry salad is a dish that most people are familiar with and it's great for you too... well, at least my version!
4 cups fresh cranberries
1 tablespoon cinnamon & cinnamon sticks for garnishment
1 cup water
¼ cup pecans
¼ cup apples
¼ cup coconut shreds
½ cup agave syrup
1. Add 1 cup water to pan and boil.
2. Add 4 cups of the fresh cranberries into the pan & simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the agave syrup
4. Mix the pecans, apples, coconut shreds and cinnamon into the pan.
5. Transfer the salad from the pan into a glass bowel and chill in the refrigerator.
6. Scoop about 1/4 of a cup of the salad into a fancy teacup and add a cinnamon stick to finish it off.