Every family has it's quirks but that doesn't meant that getting together can't be fun!
Tips for keeping it together
- Focus on embracing the time you have together because life is short
- Think about all the reasons you are thankful this year
- Take time to talk to your elders because they have wise words to share
- Be in the moment and let all other issues fall away
- Do your thing... do you love cooking, singing, or decorating? use your talents to help around the house
- Go through old family pictures together which will create conversation and reminising
Eat the foods you love
I'm a big fan of life balance which means that it's OKAY to splurge! It just sounds stressful and exhausting to only eat very specific foods all the time (food allergies excluded). Give yourself permission to enjoy some home-cooked family meals on T-day.
Try my kick-ass cranberry sauce recipe
4 cups fresh cranberries
1 tablespoon cinnamon & cinnamon sticks for garnishment
1 cup water
¼ cup pecans
¼ cup apples
¼ cup coconut shreds
½ cup agave syrup or honey
1. Add 1 cup water to pan and boil.
2. Add 4 cups of the fresh cranberries into the pan & simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the agave syrup
4. Mix the pecans, apples, coconut shreds and cinnamon into the pan.
5. Transfer the salad from the pan into a glass bowel and chill in the refrigerator.
6. Scoop about 1/4 of a cup of the salad into a fancy teacup and add a cinnamon stick to finish it off.