You don't have to go to a spa and spend thousands of dollars to get the benefits of mud! Why not simply go to the source?
While traveling in Crete the other day, we discovered this magical place with stunning waterfalls, crystal clear water and sulfur-rich mud to make our own spa. Mud provides your skin with yummy nutrients, restores the pH, pulls out impurities, and even decreases inflammation.
Visiting a waterfall is a cleansing experience for the mind & the body by the sheer beauty of being there are also through the invigorating ions. The also waterfall creates negative ions which once they reach the bloodstream, are believed to produce biochemical reactions that increase levels of the mood chemical serotonin, helping to alleviate depression, relieve stress, and boost our daytime energy. Negative ions are generated by moving water so get out the beach, go on a hike next to a river, or swim under a waterfall.
5 Reasons To Get Dirty
1. It's detoxifying: the mud goes deep into your pores and extracts dead skin cells and residue
2. It's rich in minerals that your skin is craving like sodium, magnesium, and potassium which also improve circulation and ease sore muscles.
3. It's fun! How often do you get to cover yourself in mud?!
4. It's exfoliating: most mud has a little grit which will give you the perfect summer glow, but careful, too much can be irritating
5. It can clear your skin: most mud contains sulfur (and trust me, you can smell it) which has antibacterial properties and shown to help acne and rosacea in studies.
Quality does matter! The most important part is to find quality mud either from a hot spring, bog, or a glacier for the highest purity