MODULE 2: WHAT'S YOUR MESSAGE?
Now that you have created all of your media outlets, What's your message? Who do you want to teach? What's your specialty? Who are you talking to?
VIDEO 1: WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT IN NATURAL HEALTH?
EXERCISE 1: WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN NATURAL MEDICINE
- Do you absolutely LOVE botanical medicine (like me?)
- Do you have a blast doing DIY remedies?
- Are you huge into physical medicine?
- Are you always thinking "What constitutional remedy is this person"?
EXERCISE 2: WRITE DOWN YOUR TOP 3 PASSIONS
- What’s your passion outside of naturopathic medicine?
- What do you do on the weekends?
- How do you spend your spare time?
- What do you value most?
VIDEO 2: WHO DO YOU WANT TO TALK TO?
EXERCISE 2: WRITE DOWN THE GROUPS OF PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMUNICATE YOUR MESSAGE TO
- Do you want to do men's health? What ages 25 to 45? 45 to 65?
- Do you want to be a primary care doctor in a rural area?
- Do you love physical medicine and want to work with fitness people?
- Are you a mom and want to talk to other moms?
VIDEO 3: WHAT'S YOUR STORY?
EXERCISE 3: WRITE YOUR BIOGRAPHY IN 2 PARAGRAPHS FOCUSING ON WHY YOU'RE PASSIONATE ABOUT NATURAL MEDICINE AND YOUR STORY (we're going to use this later on your website).
VIDEO 4: BLENDING IT ALL TOGETHER: CASE STUDIES
EXERCISE 4: WATCH THESE VIDEOS BELOW TO SEE HOW YOU CAN CONVEY YOUR MESSAGE: YOU CAN LITERALLY TALK TO ANY MARKET ABOUT ANYTHING!
VIDEO 5: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE BRANDS?
EXERCISE 5: MAKE A LIST OF YOUR FAVORITE BRANDS
Use a "private/locked" Pinterest Page or create a collage of all the images
#ndbranding to be featured on our Instagram Feed!
- Look at their colors
- What are the fonts?
- What's the first thing that you see when you click on their website?
- How do they convey their message?
- How would you describe the feeling? (fresh, fun, vibrant....)
EXAMPLE: THIS ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE BRANDS (with my website in the middle)
VIDEO 6: GET OUTSIDE AND FIND INSPIRATION
EXERCISE 6: START LOOKING AT THINGS THROUGH A NEW LENS
- Have fun!
- Make your significant other or friend take pictures of you: Show your lifestyle, what you love, and your passion!
- Make mistakes!!! There is a lot of trial and error involved here
- Stage photos (add vegetables, fruits, go outside...)
Okay, I'm only going to reveal my early blog post to you guys so you can learn from me! When I created my blog I was going to blog one day about fashion and then the next day about health... until I realized that I should simply combine them in all my posts. I wasn't really getting any traffic and I wasn't really offering anything of value in a unique way. This is how I learned to clarify my message and it's always a work in progress as you will learn.
VIDEO 7: LET'S START CREATING
EXERCISE 7: CREATE A FACEBOOK COVER PAGE FOR YOUR NEW BUSINESS PAGE. BE BRILLIANT, UNIQUE, AND CONVEY YOUR MESSAGE!
- Choose your fonts
- Choose your colors
- Choose pictures that represent YOU and your brand
- The page should reflect everything your lifestyle and personality as well as your market
- If you have a camera start taking pictures that inspire you (you might use them!)
- Be original! Get inspired by others but BE YOURSELF!
Need extra help? Use this app:
Try pagemodo to make a cover for free: click here!
If you're more tech savvy then try Banner Maker with the dimensions of width 851px by 315px length and simply upload photos and drag to position.